Welcome guest students
Welcome to the Faculty of Humanities. Below you will find important information prior to commencing your studies at the Faculty of Humanities.
The Faculty of Humanities offers a broad selection of non-Danish taught courses to international guest students.
In The Faculty of Humanities' Course Catalogue, you will find a comprehensive list of the non-Danish taught courses offered to international guest students.
How to select courses
Applicants apply for courses for one semester at a time.
Applicants can prioritise up to six courses at the Faculty of Humanities. Please note that it is not possible to change the prioritized list after the application deadline.
A full semester's course load is 30 ECTS.
Please note that guest students may only complete up to 90 ECTS credits of bachelor-level courses and 60 ECTS of master-level courses. It is not possible to register for a bachelor's or master's project or thesis as a guest student.
After you have been admitted, you will be contacted by International Admissions for a prioritized list of courses.
The process of registering for courses
- As some courses have limited availability, you will be asked to submit an application with detailed information on how many ECTS credits you wish to enroll for and a prioritized list (of max. 6 courses) from the Faculty of Humanities' course catalogue.
- After receiving your prioritized list of courses, International Admissions will ask the department(s) offering the course(s) whether you are qualified for admission and if there is availability in the course(s). If necessary, you may be requested to prioritize other courses.
- You will receive a conditional letter of enrolment and an invoice for the courses you have been successfully registered for.
- After you have paid the invoice(s), you are officially enrolled as an international guest student, and you will receive a UCPH student ID, pincode and instructions for ordering your student ID card.
Payment information is provided in the conditional letter of admission once availability in the course(s) has been confirmed.
Any difficulties accessing KUnet?
If you have been accepted as a guest student to the university and have not received the required KUnet username and pincode, please contact International Admissions.
Prior to each semester, the Faculty of Humanities welcomes all new guest students to the Faculty's Orientation Programme. The Orientation Programme offers important information regarding your studies at the Faculty of Humanities.
The Faculty of Humanities has a mentor programme, which goes by the name of the QA Programme. By joining the programme you will establish an instant network and we strongly encourage all international students to sign up.
The mentors, who are themselves domestic or international students at UCPH, will assist with the practical aspects of adjusting to a new educational system, be available for questions and introduce you to the social life at the Faculty and beyond. The mentors are also the backbone of the Faculty’s international study environment and they will host events throughout the semester that you can attend as a student at UCPH.
Normally your mentor group will contact you by email prior to your arrival in Denmark. Therefore it is important to make sure that the email address used in your registration is valid and that you check it regularly prior to leaving your home country.
The QA Programme website: qaprogramme.dk
Once you are enrolled in courses, you will be assigned a university username to access the University of Copenhagen's intranet (KUnet), as well as a student e-mail address.
The lecturers may choose to send material to your KU e-mail address, or provide information about your courses on Absalon, the e-learning platform at the University of Copenhagen. Absalon is accessible on the university's intranet (KUnet).
If you encounter any problems accessing the system, please contact IT-services.
Order your student ID card
- Access your Study Information Site on https://kunet.ku.dk/ under “My Portals” on the front page
- Click on “Study Start” → “Before your Start” → “Order your student ID”
- Follow the instructions on the website. It takes 10-14 days for the student ID to be processed.
In order to retrieve your student ID card, please set up an appointment by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We hope that your stay in Copenhagen will be a pleasant experience without any major problems or difficulties. Still, there are some practical issues to be aware of, should you find yourself in a situation where you may need help or special guidance.
For information on health, safety and insurance, please refer to:
Should you have any practical questions before or during your enrolment, please do not hesitate to contact International Admissions.
Department Student Guidance
For questions concerning your specific programme elements or questions related to courses, exams, etc., please contact your department student guidance counsellors.
How to apply
If you have not yet applied for admission to the Faculty of Humanities as an international guest student, you can find information on the application procedure, deadlines, tuition fees and more here.