Research data management concerns decisions and practices related to collecting, organising, processing, storage, preservation and sharing of digital and physical data during and after the term of a research project, and ensures, among other things:
- that good scientific practice and ethical guidelines are followed
- increased credibility of the methodology and process and that the research term can be documented more easily
- increased visibility and impact of the research
- that navigating your own data becomes easier
- that sharing data becomes safe and easy
- a lowered risk of data loss.