Credit transfer students
If you are currently enrolled in a full degree programme in Denmark, you can apply to take single elective courses at the Faculty of Humanities.
You are eligible to apply as a credit transfer student if you are currently enrolled as:
- a full degree student at one of the other faculties at the University of Copenhagen, or
- a full degree student at another Danish university
The credits for the course(s) must be transferrable to your Danish study programme. To ensure that the credits for the course can be transferred, applicants are required to provide the University of Copenhagen with a pre-approval from their Danish educational institution.
If you are enrolled in an educational institution outside of Denmark or if you have already graduated, you should follow the application procedures for Guest Students at the Faculty of Humanities.
The Faculty of Humanities offers a broad selection of non-Danish taught courses for credit transfer students. The courses are taught either in English or in another foreign language.
The courses are found here: The University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Humanities' Course Catalogue
For information on how to apply for courses taught in Danish, please visit Kurser ved Det Humanistiske Fakultet.
The application procedure is as follows:
1. Identify one or more courses you wish to apply for in the University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Humanities' Course Catalogue.
2. Apply for a pre-approval from the Study Board at your Danish university.
You are required to provide the University of Copenhagen with a pre-approval from your home university stating that the courses can be transferred to your current degree programme.
3. Submit your pre-approval by e-mail to the department offering the course(s) in question. Contact information for the departments is found here: International Student Guidance Departments
Attending a course as a credit transfer student is free of charge. Please note that if your enrolment at your Danish home university is subject to tuition, you will have to pay tuition fees at your home university while studying at the University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Humanities.
The deadlines for applications are as follows:
- 15 June for the autumn term
- 15 November for the spring term
Karen Blixens Plads 8
DK- 2300 Copenhagen S
Monday, Wednesday, Friday